Hey everyone! Stephen and Chelsey here with a new episode of The Rainmaker Family Podcast. In a time where so many people are working from home, it can be hard to separate the house from the work. Today we are going to talk about the importance and the how-to in making a functional workspace.
Our guest today, Lori Kimble Hayes is an early creative, a real estate agent, and has a Masters in Design that she uses as an interior designer and architect. She uses her passion for design to help others create a place that truly does work for the purpose of work.
Lori shares how she tapped back into her early entrepreneurship self, and started looking at what brought her joy rather than what brought in the most clientele, the importance of setting a space for work and keeping it sacred, as well as tips on how to stage your backdrop and work area to reflect your brand and really put into “work mode”.
If you’re working at home or just trying to find a way to keep your work/life balanced, this is an episode that you simply don’t want to miss! So hit play and join us as we learn how to use our space to reach our goals from Lori.
More of What We Talk About:
- Playing Perfume President
- Returning to college at 50
- Power in skill stacking
- The importance doing what brings you joy
- Finding skills that build up your joy
- Stopping the rabbit hole of “maybe”
- Reconnecting with your younger entrepreneur self
- Why your why is so important
- Creating a space that cultivates productivity
- Using your space as a means to achieve your goal
- Taking labels off of home spaces to reframe how you use it
- The importance of your Zoom screen
- And more!
Connect with Lori
Free DIY Home Office Design Guide:
Connect with us:
► Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/33EdgBs
► Website: therainmakerfamily.com
► Facebook: www.facebook.com/diazfamilylegacy
► Get Free Stuff On Amazon: stephensfreestuff.com/sfs
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 1:15 Conversation starts
- 2:05 What Lori dreamed of as a kid
- 4:48 Lori’s journey into entrepreneurship
- 11:17 How people reacted to Lori when she started chasing her dreams
- 17:43 Breaking negative midgets
- 25:09 Achieving what you want to achieve
- 32:27 Finding the best spot in your house to be productive
- 39:32 Closing thoughts and advice