Phones and Family time…If you have been listening to the show for the past few episodes, you have probably heard Chelsey mention how she is learning how to balance screen time more intentionally now that baby number two is here.
In 2022, “quality time” looks different for everyone. It’s a topic all of us know is important, but very few of us take the time to take a step back and see what is going to work best for each member of the family. In the Diaz home, we are focusing on what “fills our cup” and learning what it means to be more present so we can love our kids fully and serve our customers better.
As busy entrepreneurs who run their family and their business all under the same roof, it can be easy to let our downtime turn back into work time. Just a few scrolls to catch up on your feed, just a few more emails to write, and before you know it, bedtime has rolled around and the window for family time has closed.
Can you relate? If so, we want to invite you on our journey and we can figure this “screentime” thing out together! Hit play to meet today’s guest, Jashin Howell. He and his wife are the creators of “The FAM Project” and they are on a mission to bring families together by helping them rediscover the lost art of connection outside of the digital landscape.
F.A.M. stands for Family Awareness Movement, and they are committed to shining a light so bright on the effects and issues surrounding technological addictions like social media and gaming, which in some cases leads to pornography and other detrimental, even life-threatening addictions and behaviors.
Selfishly, we have been looking forward to this episode for a long time! We love getting to learn from people like Jashin who are a little bit ahead of us in their journey of life and parenting. We know that every Rainmaker listening can learn something from him in 2022 and beyond! However, he will be the first to say he doesn’t have it all figured out.
During our conversations, you’ll hear how hitting rock bottom and struggling with serious addictions led to a spiritual encounter that turned his life around. Learn how God healed Jashin from addiction and why he is so passionate about passing that same healing onto others.
We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did! And hey….don’t be so hard on yourself Momma. If you KNOW you are on your phone more than you need to be, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Ask your spouse, partner, or friend to check in on you for accountability. We are a generation of parents that are forerunning this new landscape of technology! The problems we are facing are not the same as our parents. So, ease up on the self-guilt and remember you got this! 🙂
More of What’s Inside:
- Growing up in a dysfunctional family
- How Jashin found God and overcame addiction
- The start of Jashin’s entrepreneurial journey
- The importance of mindset
- The lost art of connection outside of technology
- Your pain can be a clue to your purpose
- When most kids are introduced to pornography
- The art of connection and vulnerability
- What you are actually called to do?
- What’s next for the FAM Project
- And more!
Links for this episode:
- BrandMyFamily challenge: https://brandmyfamily.com/rainmaker
- The Fam Project: https://www.thefamproject.com
- The Fam Project on IG: https://www.instagram.com/the.fam.project
- Fun Pass App: https://get.famfunpass.com/home1661212615951
Connect with us:
The Rainmaker Challenge: https://rainmakerchallenges.com/join
► Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/33EdgBs
► Website: therainmakerfamily.com
► Facebook: www.facebook.com/diazfamilylegacy
► Get Free Stuff On Amazon: stephensfreestuff.com/sfs
Episode: minute by minute
- 0:02 What’s inside today’s episode
- 00:42 Get to know Jashin Howell
- 01:51 When Jashin hit rock bottom
- 05:07 How God transformed Jashin’s life
- 08:35 The power of taking action
- 12:31 What the FAM project is all about
- 15:35 How Jashin and his wife health their marriage
- 21:19 The importance of healing your inner child
- 24:17 Turn your pain into your purpose
- 27:00 Give yourself grace, you deserve it.
- 29:49 How to connect with the FAM movement
JOIN THE CONVERSATION FACE-TO-FACE ON YOUTUBE!