Hey Rainmakers! Do you ever reach the end of your workday feeling like your brain is fried? We totally understand that mushy, hazy feeling that leaves you wondering what just happened. Those moments when you’re completely done, and the last thing you want is to make another decision or think about anything. We’ve been there too!
But don’t worry, we’ve got a solution for you! It’s an aha moment we recently had during a mastermind session, and it’s a total game-changer. Today, we’re going to share this strategy and help you remove that mental fatigue from your life.
So, what’s the secret? It all comes down to one phrase: reduce the switching. You see, constantly shifting between different tasks throughout the day takes a toll on your brain. Whether it’s jumping from administrative work to creative projects or balancing your roles as a mom and an entrepreneur, those transitions have a cost. But fear not, there’s a three-step process to save the day:
Step 1: Get real with your time. Take a pen and paper, and start a time journal. Write down everything you do for a week. It might seem a bit tedious at first, but trust us, the insights will be eye-opening.
Step 2: Categorize like a pro. Once you’ve reviewed your time journal, identify common task buckets. Family, admin, creative—sort them out and see the big picture. This will help you realize where you’ve been switching too much and feeling overwhelmed.
Step 3: Work smart and find your style. Different tasks require different approaches. Some tasks are all about being responsive and reactive, while others demand focused and dedicated time. Discover what works best for you and embrace your unique rhythm.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to reduce that end-of-day “frazzle” and regain a sense of accomplishment and peace. But wait, there’s more! If you want to dive deeper into this topic, hit that play button now and unlock a more fulfilling workday.
Connect with us:
The Rainmaker Challenge: https://rainmakerchallenges.com/join
► Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/33EdgBs
► Website: therainmakerfamily.com
► Facebook: www.facebook.com/diazfamilylegacy
► Get Free Stuff On Amazon: stephensfreestuff.com/sfs
Episode: minute by minute
- 0:00 Introduction to feeling mentally fried at the end of the workday.
- 0:55 Discussion on the overwhelming sense of mental fatigue and the need to reduce switching tasks.
- 2:15 Explanation of the switching cost and the time it takes for the brain to transition between tasks.
- 3:40 Discussion on the experience of moms and the constant switching they go through in their daily routines.
- 6:18 Introduction to the three-step process to reduce switching and be kind to your mind.
- 7:00 Keeping a time journal to track and analyze how time is spent.
- 9:40 Identifying and categorizing tasks into buckets to reduce switching.
- 11:12 Example of assigning specific days for certain types of tasks to minimize switching costs.
- 13:30 Recognizing the style of work required for each task and adjusting accordingly.
- 15:08 Conclusion and encouragement to implement the three-step process to reduce mental fatigue.